Monday, January 12, 2015

Time for a Transfer

Family,

Well, six short months later, I've been asked to transfer. 3 transfers with Elder Kay, and one with Elder Wardell, and the Lord has decided to send me elsewhere. I have been pretty subdued with my emotions this transfer. I'm really really going to miss the Loves, and they've done more for me than I could have possibly expected. I've seen their family weather trials with patience. I've seen a new Bishop struggle to find balance in a new ward. I've seen a very pregnant mother work carefully for the welfare of her six little kids, two crazy missionaries, and a 17 year old recent convert that they've opened their home to. I've seen that recent convert take the gospel and embrace it, putting it fully into practice in a life that was once far different than what he lives today.

It seems unfair that I'll miss the birth of their 7th child by a matter of 4 days. Sister Love has her baby scheduled to be due on the Tuesday after transfers. I've been begging her to just have the baby today so I can at least see her. Turns out the doctors don't care too much about my opinion... Who would have thunk! I think, as a roommate of the family, I should at least get some sort of decision making power, right? Well, not so.

On the bright side of things, things are looking up in Quincy. I hope to leave as much behind me as I can. I didn't do much of that in Davenport, and I hope to be able to do more here. Elder Wardell is a marvelous finder, so it has been fun to find new investigators with him. I often wonder if I accomplished the Lord's vision for Quincy, and I can't help but feel like I've accomplished what He called me here to do. Let it be in His hands. He has called me here, and he has called me away. 

I love this work! I've decided that wherever I am transferred, be it Kirksville, Davenport, Fort Madison, Des Moines, or Chico, California, I will be the servant of the Lord. I want to echo President Monson's words, "I want the Lord to know that if He ever needs an errand run, He can depend on Brett Brown."

Love,
Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment