Sunday, October 13, 2013

3 Blind Mice

Family!

I love you all so much! I received a lot of emails this week and I can't help but be soooooo grateful for all of those! Just communicating with you all brings me so much joy!
Dad, you are a buff man. I am convinced that you are in ten times better shape than I am. I can run 3 miles just barely! I feel like such a fatty lately, but you inspire me to be better.
News in the mission, our area is splitting! We will likely start biking soon, so I might need another check from my bank account to try and purchase a cheap one out here. The area will split in about 2 weeks or so. That'll be good for the little bit of chub that I've accumulated out here on the mission:)
We have had such a cool week out here! The highlight of each week in the past month has been teaching Chr*s. Chr*s is a 40 year old man who left 19 years ago, and recently, through the example and friendship of a recent convert as well as a ton of work and humility on his part is preparing for baptism on October 4th! The mission president has given us permission to teach him the gospel once more and to help him prepare for baptism. He is amazing, and he has inspired me to be a better missionary! He has been out to teach lessons with us about 4 or 5 times now. That gets really funky on our key indicators. There is no box to mark for "investigator present" lessons!
I don't have much new in the way of things to tell you other than that we have now caught 3 separate mice. They have been scampering around our kitchen, and no countertop is safe around here! They have already desecrated my bananas and defiled my corn chips. It's all out war now. I've included a picture of the one we call "Harry the Bandit". He is number three caught in this little glue trap. Don't be taken by his cuteness. He is pure evil. Or was... We had to get rid of him... Elder Lindhardt is the exterminator. I don't have the heart to kill the little guys, even if they have eaten my stuff.
We have taught the plan of salvation a lot this past week as well, so I'm including a picture of our visual aids that we use to help explain the spiritual body and the physical body. That is super fun:)
A scripture that has really taken me lately is Alma 42. It has really helped me to understand WHY we need Jesus Christ so badly in our life. I've read quite a bit this last week, and it has strengthened my testimony a lot. Justice and Mercy. That's where the plan of salvation lies!
I love you all! I know the gospel is true. I know that there are people being prepared in every town and city across the world! Acts 16:14
Love, Elder Brown

1 comment:

  1. Elder Brown, I'm so glad you're teaching my fellow Iowans about the gospel, esp. since I don't feel able to teach my relatives there. It sounds like you're doing well; I'm sure you will continue to do so. Sincerely, Sis. D.

    ReplyDelete