Thursday, February 27, 2014

High Blood Pressure

Family,

I don't think I've ever been so stressed in my life!


But I think I say that quite a bit, so no need to be alarmed.

Ever since last week I have been rather concerned about the lady that passed out in church, and we weren't able to get in contact with her allllllllllll week! It was ridiculous. I am pretty sure I have a bald patch from all the stress and all the hair that fell out as a result of it. Luckily, we got to teach her again yesterday, which eased my mind a bit, but not nearly as much as I would have hoped for! You see, we were figuring out all of her marriage plans once again and solidifying them and everything, and all of a sudden, her mom comes out and starts saying that God would be angry at us for making her daughter get married. 

Preaching to every creature


Needless to say, I prayed for charity during that entire lesson. We ended up leaving the woman with a commitment to research the monetary issues of the wedding and figure out exactly what would be lost if they got married and so forth.

The miraculous part of the ordeal was right after that. We went to dinner with some members, and as I sat there I continued to feel tense and uneasy, but the longer we were there, the more peaceful I felt. I realized that it was simply the Spirit within the home of the members that was truly able to calm me down.

This area has been quite the experience for Elder Brown. I feel like I've thrown myself at this place and given it all I have, and boy has it pushed back. I have learned quite a bit about charity and humility. I think I'm starting to understand why I was placed here. I am a really prideful person! My real question is... Which one of you was supposed to tell me about this before my mission and forgot to?! You could have saved me some stress, whoever you are.

I truly am grateful for the pressures and trials of every area and situation I've been put in. It has been a truly unique experience to be on a mission. You deal with different issues than you would have ever thought possible. The Lord tests you in ways you simply don't understand, and you have to learn to be ok with that.

I'm learning. Slowly, but I'm learning.

I love you all so much. Remember that the Spirit is strong within a member's home. Keep that place as a sanctuary. Invite your friends there! Next to the temple, it's the most sacred place in the world.

Keep reading the scriptures! Don't forget to pray. Go to church. "In this there is safety and peace!" I testify that God is our Father. Jesus is the Son of God. Joseph Smith is His revelator in this day and age. If you don't know that yet, you've got to ask. Please do. Don't put it off.

Elder Brown


Hair cut

No comments:

Post a Comment