Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hellooooo!

Family!

   Hello again from Iowa! News this week? We've seen another miracle! K*itlyn, our long time investigator, FINALLY got baptized. After much trial and tribulation, she finally decided to make her covenant with Heavenly Father. It was a long and crazy ride, but it was one that really helped ME understand why baptism is so vital.

   Another amazing miracle of the whole baptism is that J*sey, our Recent Convert who was the one who helped K*itlyn get committed in the first place, spoke at the baptism! For only being twelve, she did a phenomenal job.




   I'm sorry I don't have many words today. It has been a draining week... I'll tell you a couple of the specifics:
1. One of my zone leaders, and the last missionary of my original district, finally went home today. I had held onto him, my trainer, and my other district leader, and after six months, I feel a bit... left behind. It's amazing to be on a mission, but it is sad to lose those who have been your family out here.
2. I'm getting transferred. President Jensen called today and asked if I would once again train and be district leader as well as whitewash an area. I accepted, but I'm still trying to get past that all. I've been here for nearly 6 months! I just don't quite know what to do with myself now. I guess I'll just move on to companion number 3.

I don't think anything is necessarily wrong. It's just a week of goodbyes and big changes. It feels a lot like when I left college. Just like everything is changing, and it's not going the way I wanted it to go! Luckily, I have a sure knowledge that everything is going to be pretty much identical to what it has been in my last area. Still doors to knock on. Still sheep to feed. Still people to love. Still fun to be had:)
Dad, I loved to hear about your wonderful missionary experiences! You are such a phenomenal man and I love you so much. Keep up the good work. I really hope all of you can feel the love and the prayers and the joy that fills my heart when I think of the fact that we are going to be a family forever.
Keep reading the Book of Mormon! It is the GREAT RETAINER of testimony.
Love,

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment